We believe that regular communication with parents and carers is essential. Our communications between home and school are regular, clear and informative and we always aim to respond to any queries as quickly as possible.
Here are just some of the ways that we like to communicate:
- Phone calls – please call us at any time if you have any issues or concerns.
- Face to face – Parents and carers are welcome to make an appointment to visit the school and talk with staff about their child.
- Home visits – we can visit parents and pupils in their homes to provide support and guidance on issues such as difficult behaviour and communication systems.
- Home / School book – Every pupil has their own home/school book for daily and weekly correspondence.
- School newsletter – our weekly newsletter provides all the latest news and updates about Portfield School.
- Parents’ evenings – we hold regular parents’ evenings to keep you up to date.
- Regular informal social events – These events allow parents and carers to meet both school staff and each other.